Napoleon Dynamite

well... I'm here to say... I saw this movie last night...
yes, it's a movie... an indie film... always a risk...
must be a character created by a humorous youngster (or two)...
high school story of the popular versus the... well...
let's just say... less-than-gifted...
I found the humor to be uncreative and idiotic...
attendance was less than fifty, and the majority were under 25...
I can only assume that they knew some of the cast, as the entire
audience found the film to be uproariously funny!
I must have been the only one who wasn't laughing...
not even a chuckle... and if I had been alone, I would have walked out...
Now... I can count on one finger the number of films that I wanted to
walk out on... Swordfish... that's it... and I've seen a LOT of movies...
this one was full of Idaho humor... which I can only sum up as "small minded"
and Utah humor isn't far behind...
now in all fairness, I enjoyed the actors, individually... and I would have liked the movie, if it were my kids, or my nieces and nephews, or anyone I cared about
or knew in it... it was much like watching
a video that your young ones put together, so you get a kick out of it...
but since they were none that I knew, it just turned out to be a waste of time...
or possibly... like watching a slide show of someone else's family! (remember those days? pleeeeeeeeeeeeez... not the slide show! :)


1 comment:

cathouse teri said...

YES! The people I was with liked the movie...
you mean not everyone hangs out with people half their age? Damn... I'm doing this wrong, eh?
Atually, I was with a girlfriend, whom I've known thirty years (we met in Jr Hi) and my niece... and I've NO idea why they liked the movie... except that they probably appreciated Utah/Idaho humor more than I do...