And He's Out!

http://www.vonnegut.com/

I just found out today that the man escaped his mortal bonds last Wednesday. What I know about Kurt Vonnegut would probably fit on my thumbnail, and I've only read one of his books and one of his short stories. But those made such an impression on me that I can hardly imagine why I have not read more. I just skimmed through several articles about him, all of them mentioning some brilliant work of his. Only one mentioned the one book I have read and loved, and that one said he never finished it!

I thought of Kurt yesterday, as I was driving through Lovelock, Nevada. I had always imagined how I'd love to run a cathouse in Lovelock. Yesterday, I noticed that the town is five miles from a prison. That is when "Hocus Pocus" came to mind. I remember thinking, "I need to read that book again. And write one about my cathouse... and that prison." Then I wake up today to the news. Life is strange.

Brilliant man. Happy for him. Sad for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I have to click on that link to know what in the world you are talking about?

Chris said...

Nice post. And you are far from the drabble and the drivel. Far!

Quite the contrary actually......