All The Pretty Kitties


This is Amy.

She is my little "Juno" friend from the earlier post about teen pregnancy. She sent me an email and I asked if she minded if I shared it with y'all. She said she would be honored. Amy is now 22 years old. Her daughter, Abby (pictured here) is six.


Teri~

My Mamma Kitty. I just read your blog Where Have All The Young Girls Gone. I think it's really cool that you mention me in it.

It was all you that helped me make my decision. I never felt pressured or judged by you. You gave me all options and supported me with whatever I decided. (like any mother should). I remember the day you came to my rescue like it was yesterday. My mother and Suzanne kidnapped me taking me to Park City to talk me out of getting an abortion. I felt horrible having to tell my mother that I was pregnant. You, with no questions asked drove up to Park City and took me out to dinner. Told me your story of getting pregnant young and how you felt and your fears. It is the greatest feeling in the world when you (a parent) opened up to your child and tell all because you have been there too. You made me feel so much better, so calm. I knew then what I wanted to do. That night you gave me a necklace, of a gold heart. It was your heart, it symbolized how much you loved me and how you would always be there for me. I wore it for years and still have it. Everytime I see it, I think of that night and how much you saved me.

I loved the movie Juno but for at least a week I was a little off. It was all too real for me and when I saw it, I had Abby with me so that made it even more off-putting. It was weird looking at Juno being 16 and pregnant and saying to myself look how young she looks. And then saying to myself oh my gosh, I looked that young. Watching Juno go get the abortion and backing out. Telling her parents.... Then the process of adopting the child out. In the end when everything starts going wrong and she breaks down and cries. I could feel that same ache in my heart it was so strong. Your heart hurts so bad and you feel it breaking and tearing apart. From that moment on you would never be the same.

I love you Mamma Kitty thank you for being such a gift in my life.

Love Amy

20 comments:

Melain said...

Oh my goodness. That's just beautiful. I hope you save that letter forever.

Brad K. said...

Amy, What a lovely daughter, and a wonderful letter.

Blessed be!

Jami said...

Thank you for sharing this - both you and Amy.

Hot Alpha Female said...

This is such a beautiful post. It seriously made me wanna cry, but in a good way.

You know there is one thing that i cherish about parenting love. N that is the ability for parents to support and communicate with their children without judgment.

That is a beautiful beautiful thing and i feel so blessed that you shared that with us.

All I know, is that I am the person I am because of the love and support that my parents have given me. N if at times when it seems like they are being unfair, in hindsight their advice has always be wise and valuable.

Thank you

Hot Alpha Female

www.hotalphafemale.blogspot.com

arychtexas said...

teen preg let alone a mom with no father preg has to be super hard. something a man will never understand but she made it she should be proud.

Jen said...

Again, proof of your great heart - and Amy's!

Andrew McAllister said...

Wow. See? The words we throw out on the Blogosphere really do make a difference in people's lives. Way to go!

anno said...

This is just lovely. Thanks to both of you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

shes stunning!
excellent letter.
pretty baby too.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Total awesomeness. I can't even imagine how proud you are of her.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I am so glad my little sister and nieces broke the legacy of teen pregnacy in our family. Both my older sisters got preggers in High School. My baby sister had my handsome nephew at age 25 and my current nieces, 21 and older are preggo free to date.

What a cute little miracle the little lady is.

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post!

Thanks for sharing!

Doozie said...

I always knew you were the shizzle!!!

Ms. Lily said...

Wow, I wish I had someone like you when I was 17.

I didn't tell my parents I was pregnant till I was 5months. I didn't want to abort and I knew even though they are catholic that they would want me to. I was right, my mother did her best to try to get me into centers in NY where you could be further along. Nothing available in time. Then she pushed for adoption, I couldn't live with that either.

I was no longer with the father but this child was a part of me. I cried myself to sleep most nights and it was a feeling of aloneness that I would wish on no one.

I now have a 18yr old son, we lived with my parents till he was 7, I then married and had two little girls and we are a happy family.
My parents adore my son, they only had 2 girls and he is the light of their life, funny how things work out.

Thank you for sharing,
Lily

Ed & Jeanne said...

You've done a great job parenting I see! Thank you for sharing.

exskindiver said...

beautiful.
just achingly beautiful.
i am glad i have you in my life, though i have not ever opened up to you about anything intimate.
but if and when the time comes, i just know i can.

wow.

One Man’s Opinion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robkroese said...

Way to go, Teri. That's a great story.

colbymarshall said...

That's such a sweet letter, and I'm so glad all worked out for the best!

Ms Single Mama said...

How amazing is that? Thanks for sharing...

Really inspiring!

Ms. Single Mama